- Do you want to have a greater chance of success in your digital journey?
- Perhaps you have found that there is a lack of clarity as to why change is necessary? Is the lack of a reason why causing you or your organisation confusion, increased costs and decreasing position? Maybe your organisation or team is not on board with the transformation ahead and are causing delays, distress and distractions, potentially to the point of actively sabotaging the initiative? Possibly the information distributed is not being understood by the audience and is further compounding the problems?
- Imagine then that the reason behind the change is understood and those involved in the transformation can see the benefits for themselves personally, for the organisation and those externally to it such as customers, regulators or standards bodies. Your aspirational plan is being formed into a clear digital vision that your organisation can use to reimagine itself, redefining experiences, opportunities and associations.
- There has never been a better time to take advantage of these benefits. In a world where even the constant of change is being overtaken by the acceleration of change, to survive and thrive in the 21st century you need to have a digital strategy, have a clear understanding and an alignment with that of your customers.
- But who am I? As an Author; Coach; Mentor; Consultant; Speaker; enterprise architect and strategic thinker, I believe in delivering successful change in complex environments and clarity to the most complex of my client issues. Navigating the complex and ever-changing IT landscape, I have been told I my pragmatic solutions deliver change and realise business benefit within every organisation, every time.
- I love computers, I have done even when I was a small boy. They are so simple, logical, obedient. But not everything in life is like computing. My career has had its ups and downs, from the of having to make many my employees redundant, to the elation of delivering the IT transformation making a merger or acquisition successful. The key for me though is continuous improvement, learning and implementing a diverse and eclectic array of subjects allowing me to not only translate between the business and IT, but in many cases remove the divide altogether.
- In 2016 I became an award-winning author with my book: Digital Transformation: The Significant 7 Imperatives for Delivering Successful Change in Complex IT Projects and have written for other organisations including the British Computer Society for their 2015 publication Digital Leaders.
- When not working, I enjoy spending time with my family exploring, learning and having fun. I am the Chairman for Lower Wharfe Canoe Club, a British Canoe Union affiliated club and recognised by Sports England’s Clubmark accreditation. On a yearly basis I also participates in the International Snow Sculpting competition in Ischgl, Austria as a member of the British Snow Sculpting Team.
Coaching & Mentoring
- While working with many of my clients it became apparent that there was a need for some of them to have one-to-one guidance. So I now offer my services to a select number of clients, as a IT Leadership Expert.
- For your business or company, the service I office is like having a IT executive come in to help you create a strategy, and plan, for your marketing, helping you to save money on wasted initiatives and building a sustainable environment for continuous improvement.
- For the individual, it is having that trusted 2nd opinion, the 2nd pair of eyes and career confidant. A coach and mentor to help you improve your skills, reach your goals and avoid the mistakes of others.
- Trying to grow a business or enhance your career can be stressful and time-consuming, but the result of working with me as a coach & mentor means the client has the confidence to take measured risks to increase revenue, capitalise on identified opportunities and get others to drive it forwards with them so they don’t have to do it all themselves.
- Having worked across a wide range of sectors from Pharmaceuticals, Aerospace companies, Universities, Councils, Motor and Drinks manufacturers, Airport operators, hospitals through to countless smaller businesses; I have advised thousands of company IT users and improved the way they interact with their IT devices and consume IT services. These include companies such as HSBC, ITV, Spire Healthcare, Kinstellar, Heathrow Airport, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, PAREXEL International, Manchester Airport Group, Edinburgh Airport, University College London, Close Brothers, HSBC, ING Bank, Global Collect, Platform Smart, Affini Technology and Comms-care.
- Here are a few snippets of what my client’s have to say about me:
I have worked in the IT industry since 1993 and have developed an eclectic variety of skills in management and strategy along with a breadth and depth of technical knowledge and experience. Clients have described me as ‘Knowledgeable, personable, refreshing, unbiased, diligent, help!‘ ‘A breath of fresh air in a world where IT complexity often seems to create as many challenges as it solves.’
As an Enterprise Architect, IT Solutions & Technology Consultant, I believe in being an enthusiastic leader, helping companies to structure their IT so that it becomes a business enabler not a barrier to communication & growth.
One of the reasons I love speaking is that it can reach more people. IT Leadership is not taught to Engineers, Project Managers, Enterprise Architects or indeed at any level, so most, whilst very skilled at their area of expertise, have no idea how to lead or contribute to the success of a business. I feel it is so important for all members of IT to learn this aspect, but equally that it doesn’t have to cost them a fortune!
I am passionate about the subject of IT Leadership, particularly for business owners and those in the IT profession, as such I run events and workshops across the UK to share the Expert Transformation Accelerator. I also run an online training program and have a YouTube Channel where I regularly post videos and share content and training on being the IT Leader, teaching how to improve their interactions with others, decreases the stresses of the role and fill their portfolio with success after success.